Covid-19 (coronavirus) resources & updates
With the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, each of us at Life Skills Autism Academy is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our families and employees. Your health remains our top priority while we continue to provide essential services to our clients.
This page will serve as Life Skills Autism Academy's resource center for any updates regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). We encourage everyone looking for the most recent updates to monitor the Center for Disease Control's website.
A MESSAGE FROM LIFE SKILLS AUTISM ACADEMY
The health and safety of the families we serve, as well as our employees, is our top priority. Our Center is fully prepared and equipped to safely continue providing essential healthcare services to our families.
We understand the importance of ongoing therapy and continuity of care for children with autism. This understanding drives our decision to remain open and continue to support our families through these uncertain times.
Our Emergency Preparedness Team is continuously monitoring the situation. We are dedicated to remaining educated, staying on top of the issue, and properly handling any concerns as they arise.
We will continue to keep our families and employees informed as the situation evolves.
WHAT LIFE SKILLS AUTISM ACADEMY IS DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- For families interested in moving services in-home, we are working to accommodate transitioning services to support an in-home model. With families moving to in-home services, the capacity of our centers will decrease, allowing for more social distancing opportunities.
- All employees will be required to complete a health screening and have their temperature checked before entering any Life Skills center. Anyone found to have a temperature 100.4 or above will be sent home.
- In addition to our regularly scheduled cleanings, we are implementing additional cleaning and disinfecting throughout each day.
- We are practicing social distancing by working with our payors to increase the usage of Telesupervision services for our BCBAs. We are also working on methods to allow for in-home services, rather than center-based, to limit social interactions.
- Ongoing reminders to our employees to follow proper protocol and alert us immediately if they are feeling ill, recently come into contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19, or recently traveled to an affected area.
- All employees will complete a health screening prior to entry to a center.
- Implemented health screening for staff and clients before each therapy session
- Developed COVID-19 guidelines, informed by the CDC, regarding proper infection control procedures
- Providing our staff with proper protective equipment, including gloves and hand sanitizer
- Regular center and office cleanings will continue, but we have also added a schedule of deep cleanings using COVID-19 virus elimination cleaning products for all our locations
We will continue to update this page as new details emerge as the safety of our team members and our clients will continue to be our focus.